Friday, September 10, 2010

Assignment

What do you think about using blogs? What and how do you think blogs would be useful for education? Some people think using blogs in classrooms is a waste of students’ time. How would you respond?
What are some ways that you could use he technology ideas in Chapter 6 to support your curriculum and student learners?

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall. 

I am excited to learn to use technology in the classroom.  I think there are many useful tools out there to better reach students.  Blogs and Wikis, especially, can be useful sources of information.  Children today are more technologically advanced than those of previous time periods.  Some people may think that using technology is a waste of time but I think that if you want to reach students you must stay up to date with teaching methods.  When I was in highschool I hated nothing more that a teacher from the stone age.
      Blogs and Wikis are great for communicating the ideas of a whole "community" of students and teachers in one forum.  Everyone can see everyone's ideas.  Many students today use computers so much of the time that it just makes sense to use the situation to your advantage.  We use Wiki space for my American Literature class and it makes the whole class so much easier. Everyone can share their ideas in a way that lets everyone be heard.
      I think using blogs or wikis either one is a great idea.  Technology can involve all students, even the shy ones because almost all students of today use these things anyway.  It is a useful way to reach a new generation of learners.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. Maybe you can help me understand blogging and wikis better because you seem like you got it down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,

    I'm glad that you had experience on using wikispaces. We are going to use it in this class, too. :)

    CK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bit hesitant on wikis. Perhaps by continuing to share your experiences I will be able to form new ideas about them. I stand behind blogging in the classroom 100% though.

    ReplyDelete