Tuesday, November 2, 2010

WEEK 7

Use of Technology and Powerpoints

I think the best types of writing activities to make use of technology are the tried and true, old fashioned essays. You can use podcasts, wikis, and blogs to do research. You must have a computer to type the report up. I know it sounds silly and old fashioned, but essays can get you the best and most use of technology.
To keep a power point presentation from being distracting, keep it simple. Don’t have a lot of un-needed stuff going on. Also keep your information short and to the point. Too much information on a slide makes your audience lose interest.
There are thousands of things technology can be used for in writing, reading, science, you name it. All subject matter can use technology. As I said, I get the most use out of technology when doing an essay and the most use from a power point when it doesn’t have a bunch of un-needed information and un-needed bells and whistles.


Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. I soooooooo disagree... Essays do not give me the most use of technology while learning, instead I feel restricted and smothered. Newer technologies allow me to feel free to express myself and my learned ideals.

    ReplyDelete